This is my first actual post on this blog. I started it about a year ago, but I was always too lazy to actually write paragraphs about my nail art.
This changes right now.
With my first post, I will also introduce you to a format called "Now & Then" in which I will pick out some of my oldest manis (I started doing "nail art" in 2011) and re-create them.
This first one is a color-blocking mani I did 3 years ago.
Let's take a look at the original mani:
I didn't know a whole lot about nail polish and nail care back then. I was 15, trying to find an escape from high school.
And I found it.
Sure, my beginnings were all sorts of messed up. But I kept coming up with things and becoming a lot better in the process. And now, I am at a point in my journey where I feel comfortable showing off my nail art and even doing other people's nails!
And so, because whenever I look back at this I cringe; I decided to re-create it and actually paint straight and fairly even lines.
Here's the result:
I mean sure, the mani still feels a little messy, but I don't have to cringe everytime I look at it.
Here's the colors I used for this mani:
- China Glaze - Happy Go Lucky (yellow)
- essie - forever yummy (red)
- flormar - 421 (orange) [destashed]
- China Glaze - Something Sweet (light pink)
- China Glaze - Custom Kicks (turquoise/teal) [destashed]
- China Glaze - Bahamian Escape (light blue)
- China Glaze - Entourage (light green) [destashed]
- China Glaze - Rose Among Thorns (hot pink)
- Manhattan - 10B (dark blue) [destashed]
- OPI - Jade Is The New Black (dark green)
Thanks for reading,