Tuesday, June 14, 2016
#PTXWorldTour - Nail art inspired by Pentatonix!
Man, this weekend was crazy!
If you couldn't tell by the title, this design is loosely inspired by the 2 time Grammy winning acapella group Pentatonix.
This weekend, they came to Vienna as part of their world tour. Of course I HAD to go. The whole night was insane! But I won't go into too much detail here.
On to the nails!
The nails were basically inspired by the color scheme of their newest album. I tried to make the colors as accurate as possible.
I started off with a white base, then I did several layers of colors, using the watercolor technique. This particular look was also inspired by Chalkboard Nails. She even has a short text tutorial on her post, check it out!
I used a TON of different colors, basically trying hard to mimic watercolor on paper.
- Monochrome shades:
- she - 115 (white)
- essence - grey zone (light grey)
- LOOK - street (medium grey)
- China Glaze - Concrete Catwalk (dark grey)
- Pink shades:
- China Glaze - Heat Index (neon pink)
- China Glaze - Rose Among Thorns (darker hot pink)
- Blue shades;
- China Glaze - Bahamian Escape (light blue)
- China Glaze - Sunday Funday (light - medium blue)
- essie - make some noise (medium "neon" blue)**
- Green shades:
- China Glaze - Drink Up Witches (neon green)
- China Glaze - Kiwi Cool-Ada (darker neon green)
- Yellow shades:
- China Glaze - Happy Go Lucky (sunshine yellow)
- Formula X - Dynamite (darker, slightly orange-y yellow)
- China Glaze - Lady And The Vamp (neon orange) [I added this to Dynamite to give it a bit more dimension]
**This polish actually stains - a lot. I don't recommend this if you don't know how to get rid of stains on fingernails and cuticles (or just don't want that kind of mess).