Monday, May 23, 2016

Neon watercolor - Take 2!





























I'm back again with some more seasonally appropriate designs! Well, one.

This idea is one I've already translated onto my nails back in January (for my birthday). However, since we're closer to summer now, I wanted to re-do it. I used some more neon shades - also, this version (sadly) doesn't glow in the dark. (I did use one gitd polish, but it looks a bit odd as a gitd mani)



I took a crap ton of pictures of this one, because I went outside today & found myself staring at my nails all the time. Successful mani I'd say!

























This mani looks amazing in low light, neons generally tend to look almost as if they glow. I loved what the combination of colors looked like in the shade.

Colors used:
white
China Glaze - Yellow Polka Dot Bikini (neon yellow)
China Glaze - Japanese Koi (darker neon orange)
China Glaze - Flip Flop Fantasy, reformulated version (neon coral)
Serum No. 5 - I Gleam In Pink (hot pink)
essie - make some noise (medium blue)**
China Glaze - Drink Up Witches (neon green)

** This polish actually stains - a lot. I don't recommend this if you don't know how to get rid of stains on fingernails and cuticles (or just don't want that kind of mess).


No comments:

Post a Comment