Wednesday, December 28, 2016

A (Belated) Mickey Mouse Christmas

I am so ridiculously late posting this, I'm really sorry!

Truth be told, I didn't do any festive nail art for Christmas Eve or Christmas Day this year, I actually painted these the night after Christmas Day. It's not that I didn't want to, I just didn't feel inspired enough to actually start anything.

I love the base of these! I started out with 3 coats of Dance Legend - Pied Piper, which I actually got as a Christmas present from my family this year! It's a stunning Christmas tree green with a subtle sprinkling of holographic microglitter.

I then painted Mickey's face on my UberMat (also a present this year) and used it as a decal. I didn't paint them directly on my nails because I hadn't done any kind of pre-sketching or planning, so I didn't have a good enough feel for the proportions and I didn't want to have to re-do the base too.

The pattern on my thumb is just a mix of Mickey Mouse heads and smaller dots, nothing too fancy.

Colors used:
Dance Legend - Pied Piper (green base)
essie - spin the bottle (nude)
essie - forever yummy (red)
black, white

No comments:

Post a Comment