Wednesday, September 14, 2016

31DC2016 - Day 14: Flowers

Okay, so I might have gone overboard a bit.

Following last year's manicure for this prompt, I decided to do another 'extended' mani. I'm not sure I'm convinced of the day version, but when the lights are off? I can't take my eyes off of these!



I started out with two coats of Orly's Wandering Vine, which is a stunning dark green creme. This is my go-to dark green polish.

I then started painting flower shapes all over my nails and fingers with white polish. I tried to randomize the distribution a bit and I think it worked out well!

Then, I added the petal colors. These were done with a wide array of Serum No. 5 polishes - and one of the Dance Legend firefly polishes. Lastly, I added the yellow dots in the middle of each flower. I used China Glaze's Happy Go Lucky.

Colors used:
- Orly - Wandering Vine (dark green base)
- white
- Serum No. 5 - I Gleam In Pink (hot pink - gitd)
- Serum No. 5 - Orange You Sunny (orange - gitd)
- Serum No. 5 - Highlight (nude with silver shimmer - gitd)
- Serum No. 5 - Indi-Glo (dark blue - gitd)
- essie - play date (medium lilac)
- Dance Legend - Hospital For Souls (sheer medium to light blue, heavy shimmer - gitd)
- China Glaze - Happy Go Lucky (yellow)

No comments:

Post a Comment