Friday, September 2, 2016

31DC2016 - Day 2: Orange

Welcome to day two of the 31 day nail art challenge! My design for today is a bit of a stretch, but it's really growing on me the more I look at it.

Sticking with yesterday's vibe, I opted for what feels like a very bohemian combo to me. I covered it all, flowers, feathers and some smeared paint. Even though I wouldn't exactly describe smeared paint as 'boho', but I do like how it looks paired with the flowers.

I started off with 2 coats of butter LONDON's Tea With The Queen, a tan crelly. Then, I continued freehanding the flowers on my index and middle fingers. I started with the darker area toards my cuticles and then worked outwards.

While that was drying, I started the feather on my thumb. I decided to go with a smaller one and move it to a corner, to create a nice accent nail. I have never attempted feathers with nail polish before, but I think I did just fine!

Lastly, I quickly did the other two nails. I'm sure you have all heard of the dry brush technique by now, so I will spare you the details.

Colors used:
- butter LONDON - Tea With The Queen (tan crelly)
- China Glaze - Japanese Koi (neon orange)
- ArtDeco - 80 (darker orange) [destashed]
- Manhattan - Your Favorite (dark red/oxblood)
- Zoya - Kym (shimmery red-toned bronze) [destashed]

No comments:

Post a Comment